What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is an internet marketing channel in which advertisers (or companies who offer a product or service) pay publishers on a pay-for-performance basis. So, unlike Google AdSense, you don’t earn anything for clicks. You’re only paid for results which could be a sale or a lead (user fills a form and complete registration). In this, as advertisers pay only for results it’s a win-win situation as they don’t have to shell out a large amount of money in Banner Advertising or Pay-Per-Click Networks like Google AdWords, Microsoft adCenter or Yahoo! Search Marketing where the results are not guaranteed.
- Definition & Terms
- Publisher (Affiliate Marketer)
- Advertiser (Merchant)
- Pay Per Click (PPC), Pay Per Lead (PPL), Pay Per Sale (PPS)
- What is an affiliate network?
- How Does it Work?
- How to add resources?
- What is targeted traffic?
- What is a landing page?
- How to add affiliate landing pages?
- What do your affiliates see?
- What are the compensation methods in it?
- What are the advantages for merchants in affiliate marketing?
- What is the difference between multi-level marketing and affiliate marketing?